Strengthening Rural Families is a nonprofit organization that provides parent education and other programming to families in rural Benton County. Childcare Providers will provide responsible, dependable childcare and program support. SRF will provide training. They will lead childcare programs during our classes and events around rural counties. (Alsea, Kings Valley, Mill City, Monroe & Philomath.)
Job Responsibilities for Childcare Providers:
- Greet families and children, help transition them into childcare
- Plan and implement activities for children
- Check to make sure supplies are in place for activities
- Oversee consistent implementation of activities and program procedures
- Complete nightly childcare paperwork
- Work with the Community Coordinator to problem solve behavior issues.
- Put away childcare supplies and communicate with community coordinator to maintain adequate supplies.
- Help community coordinator with classroom and food service setup and clean up.
- Document hours worked
Job Skill Requirements:
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must enjoy working with children; prior experience providing childcare is important
- Dependability, reliability, ability to follow direction and take on responsibility and friendliness is essential
- First Aid, babysitting certification is preferred
- Should be able to provide own transportation to the childcare site
- If out of high school and 18 or over, you must be able to pass an ODE criminal history check
Pay: Starting at minimum wage, 3-7 hours per week, with class length varying. Those interested should contact SRF at 535 S. 19th Street, #147, Philomath, OR 97370 or by phone (541) 929-2535 for more information and to pick up a job application.